Monday, January 21, 2013

Arrival

9 pm. Arrival in Allahabad. Being one of the Sri Seven who are luggage-less, I now know first hand of the kindness of strangers. I have a sleeping bag, someone has loaned me some clothes, cuz the temp is dropping and I'm wearing everything that I have. It's like we've been talking about. I can own all the right gear, but if I can't access it when I need it, do I really own it? Because I have some luscious polypropylene long underwear and gortex pants in my luggage. Packed especially for nights, and soon to be mornings, just like this one. And do I really own anything anyway? All I have is what I can access. So, what do I want access to? That's the place to put focus and attention. Because by being able to access the cornerstone, I have everything. Even though I don't have my luggage, I'll still be warm tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment