Saturday, December 29, 2012

Scared of the dark

The thing about being in the dark, going to the dark side, etc... Is that one has to be willing to let go of the darkness. So maybe when we are in the fires of our own hell on earth, we are more afraid of the light, of the letting go, of the permanent change that can happen if we surrender to the fire of transformation. That makes hell a pretty awesome place to be because we are sitting in the fire that can lift us from the darkness. So when we start blaming god for hell, maybe we should thank the creator for putting us exactly where we need to be. Where we even have a fighting chance to move past our pain, our self-ignorance, our darkness.

So what is the fear? In order to move out of the darkness, the pettiness, the negativity, we have to be willing to let go of our justifications, all the reasons that support and prove that we have a right to feel bad. And even better, if i tell my story in just the right way, I can get others to rally to my side of this story, actually supporting me in my justifications.

Letting go of those attachments, reasons, justifications, that is surrender. Surrender is not giving up. Surrender is being ready and willing to let go of all that binds us to our darkness. Surrender into transformation.

So thank you Darkness, for showing me the Light, and thank you Light for giving me the hand to grab as I pull myself out even where I'm scared to let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment