Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Can she bake a cherry pie?

Probably Billy Boy, but she had rhubarb, so she baked a rhubarb pie.

I got home tonight and baked a pie. Life gave me rhubarb, so that's what I did. Life also gave me lemons, so I wouldn't be thirsty, and lettuce and green beans, and carrots, and roses. And out of those I did not make mashed potatoes. For obvious reasons.

Life has also given me other things and out of those things I made new things.

Life gave me injustice. I learned how to stop taking things personally.
Life gave me disappointment. I learned how to stop judging.
Life gave me heartache. I learned how to let go.
Life gave me loneliness. I learned how to love myself.
Life gave me failure. I learned non-attachment.
Life gave me success. I learned how to not take myself so seriously.
Life gave me love. I learned how to share.
Life gave me all that I've asked for. I learned how to pay attention to what I ask for.
Life gave me life. I learned how to appreciate.

And eat pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment