Monday, March 21, 2011

8. What's today got to do with it?

What's in to day? To do? To stay? To goo? (well, it rhymes sonically, whereas "go" rhymes visually.) So (also a visual rhyme with "to" but both sonic and visual with "go" so (yes, another one), yoo choose.

Today has everything to do with it. It's today that we have a clean slate. We can change the way we get up. We can change the time we get up. We can change what we do when we get up. We can not get up.  Regardless, we have the opportunity to change. Change our trajectory. Change our life. It is in the present that we create the future, but it is also in the present where we create the next present, which was at one point, the future.

So I blogged in the morning instead of evening. I fed my dog with joy in my heart. I made chai and actually cleaned up after myself. Am I creating my future? Definitely. But is this change always what we expect? Nope. I can collect physical evidence if I like, backing up the legitimacy of my expectation - I won't have to clean up after myself later. Well, is true is that I won't have to clean up the chai mess later. Who knows what kind of mess life will bring, or god forbid, someone in the household leaves??? So my expectation could be dashed to smithereens, but there change would have occurred. Change without expectation leaves us room to feel the ripple effect of the breaking of a pattern. So God, what have I changed? Am I closer to Realizing You in me? I have answers to my own question, so yes, I Am.

No comments:

Post a Comment