Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 1: Somewhere to start

The time is now. I've been procrastinating about blogging and have dabbled here and there on my various websites, but I have decided to blog as a year long practice. This blog is between me and God. The Divine,  the Source, the One, the All, the Higher Power, or whatever you want to call it. I like the word God. When I say "God" i  have more of a feeling than an image of an old man with a long white beard as found on the Sistine Chapel. Or I don't see a female Deity holding me in her arms. Or an elephant eating and digesting my obstacles. Etc...  The relationship that i do have, however, is a feeling. It's a feeling of expansion, a feeling that transcends language, a feeling that is neither female or male, animal, mineral, or vegetable, but all of it and none of it depending on your point of view.

So why this blog? It is a practice for me to get to know this God, to get to know myself and my Self. It's an experiment. It's fun. It's a practice.

So here goes. Daily bread and all. I'm sure the entries will range from the sublime to the ridiculous, from the microscopic to the macro entries. And without expectation, except the requirement that I agree to show up on a daily basis, here goes.

one down, 364 to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment