Saturday, March 19, 2011

5. So what's in a backsplash

looking at kitchens. so many kitchens. part of me likes the idea of a bunson burner. and what about those backsplashes? over-rated and over-priced from where i sit right now. in a few months, we'll see if i'm eating my words next to a hot plate of appetizers in the new kitchen, but right now, i haven't seen a backsplash that does anything for me except scream "backsplash" and why would you want to draw attention to a place that gets food and grease splashed on it? Perhaps it's like shining a light on those dark areas inside of us, those places of unconsciousness that we walk on by, ignore, feign ignorance, shove aside, or have the cleaning person deal with. So what's on your backsplash? I want mine tasteful, clean, with the right amount of zing. Or not, because what if the zing is somewhere else? I want my backsplash to be in balance - not afraid to be what it is. Not afraid to either play a supporting role or be the focal point. I'm just looking for an honest backsplash. No backlash on the backsplash. Splish splash. I'll be taking a bath. And it's Friday not Saturday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment