Friday, March 18, 2011

4. St Pattys Day

I have a sister named Patty. And yes, at times, she's been a saint. For some odd reason, she still loves me after all the big sister crap i laid on her as we were growing up. Sometimes, I've looked at her like she's the "big sister," the "older, wiser one," and yet, she still feels good about wearing a bikini without a tan. The best of both worlds.

Profound? It depends on the listener. But it was Jimmy Kimmel that somehow reminded me of this commitment to have 365 Conversations. And even though it is 31 minutes past the deadline, I haven't gone to bed yet, and since it's day 4, i can't use this excuse to bag the whole project and use the "failure" word.

Not to make an excuse for not writing anything of "substance," i spent time answering a question about God, as in, is God fire (agni/light) or pranava (the  universal unstruck sound/vibration). So that took some time. And i loved it.

And I still love these conversations. I wonder what it's going to be like when I'm 4 out from finishing, as opposed to 4 in from starting. Me thinks that we will have a different relationship, and sheeeesh, i hope so! Stagnation is not one of my strong suits. I hope my relationship is richer, stronger, and i'm looking forward to seeing what that means.

And I saw a seagull with a broken wing crossing the street today. To get to the other side? I don't know, but I wanted to pick it up and hug it's broken wing because what is more poetic than seeing an actual gull walking with a broken wing?

A song start is born. Let's see if it gets bigger than the petri dish of my intention.

No comments:

Post a Comment