Friday, March 25, 2011

13. The "eff" word

the eff word. what gets me about this, is that everyone knows it's the eff word, and everyone knows exactly what it stands for, so if i say "what the eff is going on?" or "Eff off!" or "i can't stand it when you use the effing eff word" is it really that much better than using the word itself?

Eff. Doesn't quite pack the punch since there is no hard consonants like "ck" at the end. Effffffffff. kind of just hangs there. F@ck. That packs a bit more punch.

and on James Liptons "Inside the Actor's Studio," when asked what their favorite swear word is - most of them pick the eff word. I mean, it's quite versatile. It's a verb, a noun, an adjective. haven't seen it used as an adverb yet, but hey, I'm open. F@ckly? Interesting. Effing interesting.

One of my favorite eff phrases is - "F@ck you, you F@ckin F@ck!"  but my all time favorite is "stop using the f@cking eff word!"

so eff on my pretties. or perhaps i should say "eff off?"

I can't make up my effin mind. And did you know that the only difference between eff and elf, is the letter L. And we all know what the L word is.

I ell the eff word.

What the ell. or eff it ell.

No comments:

Post a Comment