Wednesday, March 23, 2011

10. Hari Om Tat Sat

All that is the embodiment of Truth. What is truth? What does it mean to "tell the truth?" Does it mean to report the physical plane as we are perceiving it? But what about the larger part of us that is not physical? What about that truth? What truth do we want to tell?

Often this is kinda hard to wrap one's head around. So in classes that I teach, I suggest that students start changing the lies they tell themselves. Stop saying "I suck" "I'm not good enough" "I'm not worthy" "Nobody loves me" "I'm ugly" "I'd be perfect if I..."  Those are essentially lies we tell ourselves and those lies are veils that hang between you and your Truth. So tell yourself a different lie. "I'm awesome." "I'm perfect." "I am worthy." I am doing my best." "I love myself." "I accept who I am." "I'm thin." "I'm rich." Whatever lie you'd like to bring forth into the lie of a physical life. If the physical is Maya - the Illusion, then duh! It's a "lie," and all things physical are lies.

Of course on the flip side, it's all God, but if your point of view was coming from there, then there would be no lies because you'd be seeing/experiencing everything as perfect. No judgement. Just the physical manifestation of the Divine.

Everyone's truth is different. We all perceive our "reality" through different lenses. So why not start ordering something different off the menu? Why not choose a different truth? Or tell a different lie...

No comments:

Post a Comment