Monday, November 19, 2012

Only human - part 1

We say we're " only human" and yes that's true. But is it an excuse for staying stuck in patterns that keep us entrenched in the misery of suffering? " he hurt my feelings" "they ripped me off" "I didn't get what I deserve" These are just a few of the justifications that usually come up when we need an excuse to dwell in our habit of hanging on to pain, holding a grudge, gossiping, judging another persons behavior. Ah yes, it's so much easier to point a finger, to make our pain contingent on the actions of others or the circumstances in our lives, to hold a grudge, to blame. Then we can take ourselves and wrap ourselves in negativity and stay there for as long as we goddamn like. And yes, we are only human.

But what about "human" do we love? The fact that we are the only species that has the capacity to consciously evolve ourselves. Free will. We can actually decide that we don't want to stay stuck in the merry-go-round of being run by our past. That we can choose to invest our energy in something other than blaming a situation or a person. Every time we say"I couldn't help it" or "what did you expect me to do, I'm only human" or "I always act/feel like this when..., we are choosing to stay where we are in the karmic continuum.

Stay tuned for part 2...

No comments:

Post a Comment