Friday, November 16, 2012

calm before

In this moment, I sit, a calm before the storm. My mom and my dog are reading in a chair, John has gone to the studio, waiting to pick up more people from the airport. In this few minutes of respite, how do I use it? Clean more? Cook more? Meditate more? Work more?

Well, blogging is one thing... LOL

So i'll enjoy the rain, maybe watch some TV for a few minutes, or just sit on the couch. And drink water. Lots of water. Cuz hydration is key.

So the calm before the storm. The big question is, will I be able to find the calm IN the storm? That is the practice. How to stay in that center line, the place of peace, the place that can rest in the midst of total chaos, confusion, challenge, and chatter.

It starts with self love. Boundaries. Keeping the tank full. So when that hill of chaos looks unsurmountable, I know I won't run out of gas. Or patience.

No matter how selfish it seems, cultivating self love and self care is best for everyone. Just ask my family.
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment