Thursday, November 22, 2012

Gratitude Eve

Time for the attitude of gratitude. Funny that gratitude is now a word tossed lightly with a side of heavenly new age hipsters. But hey, throw me into the pool cuz I'm feelin the vibe of the big G. In spite of the fact that I shudder at the sound of the word, I revel in the feeling. Gratitude rocks.

It's something that can be, from the outside, faked, but from the inside, faking gratitude can lead to more frustration and irritation, jealously and entitlement. From the inside, when gratitude starts to sprout, it can lead to unearthly periods of non-attachment, calm, and seeing the beauty in the ugly. So celebrate the beauty, the ugly, the whole salami of what life has on the menu, and the cool thing is, it's all made to order. You will never be served the menu of me, and I will never be served the menu of you, and if in fact it looks like the waiter got our orders wrong, we can read the fine print and be grateful that we got what we were served, because that's exactly what we were born to eat.

So my compliments to the Chef. The ultimate top chef.

No comments:

Post a Comment