Saturday, September 15, 2012

Wasted

Today I did nothing. I stayed in my pajamas, watched a bunch of sitcoms, and petted my dog. I did not live up to the expectation of my mother who wanted me to be "a productive member of society." I was about as unproductive as a person can be. I did not clean the kitchen. I did not do laundry. I did not do yoga. I did floss, however, but only because I wanted to. And I asked myself, if I were to die right now would I regret having not done all those " life affirming" things? Nope. I would have regretted not doing a day of not doing however.

No judgement on how we do or not do. We can't mess up. Are we ready to be true to the voice inside even though it may say things that we don't think it could possibly say? The voice inside doesn't play by our self-imposed or socially conditioned rules. And when we really listen and follow through, it feels unmistakably amazing to have hung out with our big S Self for a day.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment