Wednesday, January 10, 2018

ANTS!!!

Last night I got home from teaching and was ready to take a nice hot bath and crawl into my delicious bed, and the comforter was covered in ANTS! Let me say that there wasn't much comfort in a comforter of ants. What was interesting is how I wasn't "bugged" by the incident and did not freak out. I just saw about 100+ ants making their ant shapes, doing their ant-dance on the bed. I looked to see what could have drawn them there. I don't eat in bed, and they didn't seem to be interested in anything that was on the bed. Just the bed itself. Yes, I think I have a sweet bed, but not the kind of sweet that would attract ants. Or so I thought. There were no obvious ant trails upon first, second, third and fourth glance. Just ants.

So the comforter went into the washer, we dug out some old blankets, and my hot bath was now totally tepid and there was no more hot water. And I did not freak out. I just did what was necessary (necessary in my mind, not empirically necessary), and got into bed.

Talk about doing it differently in 2018! It was different.

So what do I know about ants? They come from Venus. They taught us to colonize and organize. They taught us group mind. They taught us systematic approach. They taught us about being ego-less and working for the whole. And I looked up in the Medicine Card book today - Patience. Just when you think you are in a holding pattern, this state of "weird," let it ride. Be patient and wait. All is "coming." But really all is here. All is now. All is Knowing.

So what did I bring back from Mexico? Maybe a bunch of ants. Or at least their teachings. And patience. And the reminder of what I've been teaching now for many years - slow and steady. Gently and lovingly. It's all perfect. Timing is perfect. Let go of the need to control the timing. Let go of the need to control the picture.

The ants go marching 1 by 1, 2 by 2, etc...  and if they end up on your bed, don't freak out. What are your ants today? Receive their message and let it be magical. Or not, cuz it's all perfect!

1 comment: