Tuesday, October 9, 2012

True that

Whatever you give your truth to, that is your truth. If you say "X will happen if Y occurs," then it will. Period. So if you think you'll get fat from eating candy, then you will. If you think that food or behavior is bad for you, then it is. If you believe that if something is good for you, then it is. Period.

"But wait!" you say. "I tried that thing about candy. I told myself that it was good for me and wouldn't make me fat and I gained weight!" Well, apparently you didn't believe that it was true, or you wouldn't have gained weight. And congratulations btw, because testing it  is one good way to find out what your Truth really is, and when we know what we really believe, what is really driving us, running the show of you, then we at least know what we are dealing with when embarking on changing our belief system.

Giving lip service or repeating affirmations does not mean your intention has become your truth. But it can become your truth if you are willing to keep believing, feeling the truth in your "i wish that was true for me" truth, because a belief is just a thought you keep thinking. And a belief becomes your truth.

Sometimes it's easier to "chunk it down" as they say. Take smaller leaps of truth. So instead of taking all of the big consciousness of candy, and all the social and scientific constructs around it (which you will most likely need to override in order to adopt your new truth as true), pick something that you can actually believe.  Instead of "candy won't make me fat," maybe sormthing like "If I eat things I really enjoy with love and gratitude, I won't gain weight because they fill me with love and gratitude and love and gratitude are light. So eating them makes me light!"

Let's get a bit more "lofty," because why stop now? We are rollin'! If you believe you are Divine, then you are (because from where I sit, that is empirically true) and you keep collecting evidence in your life to support that belief, then eventually you will have more evidence on the side of "I am Divine" than the side of "I can't possibly reach enlightenment." I mean, it may be a long-shot, but if you don't believe it can or will ever happen, then guess what? Correct! It won't.

So whatever you give your truth to, is your truth. Think about the placebo effect. That is a scientifically proven phenomena that supports that statement. And if that's not enough evidence for you, the you are absolutely correct - it's not true.

No comments:

Post a Comment