Thursday, October 11, 2012

Collecting evidence

We are trained and encouraged to collect evidence. We collect evidence to learn things like"if I put my hand on a hit stove it really hurts and those dang third degree burns keep me from being able to have tons of fun playing with my friends." Other examples might be, "if I do this action mom and dad will love me, if I do that action, mom and dad will abandon me, and ultimately I will die." So yes, some of our hang ups are literally rooted in beliefs as powerful as life or death.

Back to the evidence. We use this skill to collect evidence about how crappy our job is, what a jerk my boyfriend is, why my mother never understood me etc...

All this evidence makes those truths stronger. Why not collect evidence for a belief or life you want? Get enough evidence, and you can prove to yourself, that you are worthy, loved, appreciated, valued, or even The Divinity manifest in physical form, literally unable to die. Thus proving to yourself that nothing, nada, is a life or death situation.

3 comments: