Monday, February 26, 2018

LIfe/More/Sh*t Happens

Just because I don't like what is happening, doesn't mean I can change what is happening. When life happens, when more happens, when shit happens, it happens. Life/More/Shit Happens as mysteriously as when LIfe/More?Shit doesn't. And sometimes, when it rains, it pours. Or the opposite - drought. And sometimes it seems as if there is no middle ground.

So LMS happens, and where am I in relationship to the Happen-ings?  Tires get flat, dogs get sick, items get forgotten, jobs get booked, jobs don't get booked, they love me, they love me not - all that happens. What can I change? Not much.
Except...

1) I can change my relationship to what's going on.  I can let it bother me, or I can find a way to not let it bother me. Often a perspective shift will do the trick. Sometimes finding a root belief structure and understanding how it's played in to our relationship with LMS works well, because it helps bring us back into present moment.

2) I can change my actions/reactions. If I don't like what's going on, and my pattern is to sit on it, pretend it  doesn't bother me, hope it goes away, and that doesn't work because I start to fall into self-destructive or self-numbing behavior patterns, which might involve closing down to love and present moment, then it may be time to #dosomethingdifferently. Maybe its time to speak up, or take an action. If you don't know what to say, at least you've entertained the idea, and have asked the question, "what do I want to say right now?" "what outcome am I seeking, and even though I may not get it, what do I need to say or do to make sure I've heard my Self?"

So we are back to the "Big 2" for 2018
#gethonestfaster
#doingitdifferentlyin2018

And let it pour!

No comments:

Post a Comment