Friday, February 16, 2018

I Did It Differently

True confessions, and for some, maybe TMI about me. I am one of those people who buys a new item of clothing and then lets it hang in my closet for quite sometime before wearing it because I'm so excited about it's "newness." Possible fear-based decision making involved. Fear of spoiling it. Fear of getting a spot on it. Cue the childhood memories...  "Don't get your dress dirty!" "Don't ruin it!" "Save it for later." What was I saving those clothes for? A time when I would go to my closet, butt naked, open it up and have no clothes??? As if I was going to run out of them. And I never had a growth spurt, so outgrowing them overnight wasn't a reality for me. Just a dream. In spite of it all, I would shop and the brand new clothes hung in my closet to "cure" or "season" or "age" just enough for me to at some point put them on and wear them.

I did it differently yesterday. I went to the mall and bought a new top and wore it out to dinner. And came home with 3 food spots on it.

And I lived to tell about it.

Bam!

No comments:

Post a Comment