Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Voted my conscience

I'm going to get publicly political, which is not my style, but here it is. 

I voted. For Hillary. And that was me voting my conscience. Voting for a 3rd party candidate may be voting one's conscience, but will it change anything? No. Merely voting for a 3rd party candidate will not change this system. To me, voting for Trump, or anything that points to Trump, is saying Yes to fear, doubt, and blame. And it all trickles down from the top, so if that's what we want setting the tone for our country, then yes, Trump is the answer.  Not my answer. Not my conscience. But to each their own. Which is the beauty of our country.

A vote for Hillary is a vote for someone who has spent her whole life in public service, who has a love and knowledge of the law, and the constitution. She has demonstrated repeatedly that she is capable of hearing both sides, and seeks win-win solutions. I believe she honestly wants to serve, and she is qualified to do the job. She doesn't accuse and sling blame. She seeks solutions. It's easy to pontificate and inflame the masses, especially when they have been fed a strict diet of fear and doubt. My hope is that she is elected, and we can begin to nourish ourselves as a country, and recover from the diseased thinking that has been sweeping through like a plague, especially in this election season. 

Regardless of who is elected, we must fight to overcome this fear/doubt/blame. 

How can we be "land of the free home of the brave" if we are bound by fear?

1 comment:

  1. thanks Jean. with you in heart and mind... i'm still Bernin ... and with Hilary in office we get a cyance to begin that healing. All eyes on US today

    ReplyDelete