Saturday, November 26, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving! Or as I heard it put so well on the radio: "What's not to love about a made-up holiday about food?" Whether made up or not, I love Thanksgiving. Yes, I love food. And this holiday used to be about food, family, friends. And it still is.

Fade to black. lights up. A few days later...

I started this blog on the actual Thanksgiving Day.  I actually had some pretty inspiring words to share. But true to the moment, that was then, and this is now.

On Thanksgiving Day, I was in the midst of a flu that as of Saturday, I'm now on the other side of. But I still felt grateful. I still felt that even spending the first half of our Bahamian vacation gargling with salt water, tripping out on vertigo due to ear congestion, and sleeping whenever I saw an available cushy spot to get prone, was well worth everything it took me to get here. No, not to the Bahamas!!! Well, ok, that too... :-)   But to get HERE in this life where I am less and less concerned with what others think of me, and other things that used to make me stress out and worry, and more interested in asking myself what i Really want, who I Really am, and what I'm Really doing here. Besides stocking up on Vitamin D, eating fresh fish, and washing cold medicine down with Pina Coladas. Ok, not the Pina Coladas part. But I would if I thought it would help!

I have a really long list of shout outs, but for now let me hold you all in my heart, hold you with the closeness of One who Knows and Is, and bathe us in the light of gratitude. And if you are wondering whether or not I'm grateful for you, I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment