Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Anniversary

An annual versary. A yearly event. A benchmark. Something we remember every year on the same day or same general time frame (i.e. -thanksgiving is an annual event but not always on the same day).

Today I honor and value 19 years ago when I exchanged vows with my husband. Vows never written, just fully expressed from the moment of our hearts on Oct 1, 1994.

Honey, thank you for being perhaps the largest catalyst in my life to
1) get over myself
2) grow
3) see things from a different and hence bigger point of view
4) stop judging
5) stop controlling
6) stop cleaning
7) start allowing
8) see the innocence in others
9) get over myself

For this to occur, you rose to the occasion with these qualities:
1) stepping up
2) patience
3) gentleness
4) emotional support and generosity
5) physical support and generosity
6) stepping up

I didn't mention love, because I don't want to overlay ideas of romance and fairy tales. There has been romance, and our fairy tale is more of a fiery tale (perfectly typo-ed and corrected in the previous sentence), and it is the fire of transformation and commitment to that which is unending, ever-present, and larger than us that keeps it Us.

This is my public declaration of love to you. My love, my partner, my husband of 19 years.

I love you. In front of God, Bloggersphere, and everyone.
A vowel renewal.
aaaaaeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiioooooooouuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmm

Thank you for being exactly you, no matter how many times I said just the opposite. Without you, I wouldn't be me, and I love who I Am. I love because of you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment