Sunday, July 8, 2012

transitions

Transitions are the weirdest thing. They are so indescribable. Intangible. And unpredictable by nature. that's what makes them the awesome and the terrible. the agony and the ecstasy. the other thing i was going to say and the reality of what i didn't say (those of you who know me are totally LASOBN (laughing your ass(es) off by now  OR  you are just that cool...   OR you are just that into whatever it is that draws you to this blog that you are ready to roll with the rock,  rock with the whole, talk with the mole -- i again digress, but that's jazz baby.

and if you didn't get or understand why i went to that sharp eleven chord, well then, that's really jazz baby. and jazz babies are an exclusive club. And i'm sayin' "Come on in!" so eff your sharp elevens and just live the flat nines and be sharp. Or not. but you are welcome here in the world of the wacky.

I don't always elaborate on the rules of the game, but now is just as good a time as any. When I teach a class that even I get high from, and I see my students as the most  beautiful beings created on this planet, and I can only counter that experience by drinking in the beauty of the scent of a rose and the eyes of my dog and the voice of my soul, then I know that the rules are anyone's ballgame. Whoever dares to look Pain in the face and say "Yay mutha effer, you are totally in existence but still i say NO WAY is that the only thing working here and that i know in the effortless existence of  my soul that there is a place that is effortless and confident and peaceful and in that place i actually write the rules of the game, then i know that i am drinking the scent of the rose, basking in the eyes of my dog, and ready to commit that there are no hard and fast rules to the game, and that we are all  figuring out the best way to get there from here, right here right now, cuz we are done waiting (for a girl like you to come into my life)........... *

this was supposed to be a blog about transitions, but in that transition, it turned into something else. Which is exactly the point I was going to make about transitions.  So for now, I'll leave it at that and continue tomorrow.

And btw- those of you who are psyched to read what tomorrow brings, so am i.  and sometimes it's not all that i thought it would be.  but sometimes it is, and then some. And that's what being ready to accept what is happening, is all about. And then some. and also not. because there are so many sides to the same story.

what a great day. hope yours was too....................  (milking the  dots, elipses.... which i can't spell)



*I had some really pithy prose after this series of long dots, but i confess, i couldn't spell any of the words that were the backbone of what i was trying to say, so i sold out to simplicity. which might have made the whole thing better. or not....................................

No comments:

Post a Comment