Monday, July 30, 2012

mony mouna

love that song. or at least i loved it. dancing, lights, everyone chanting "mony mony"...  go Billy Idol. Or more accurately - Tommy James and the Shondalls.

Mony Mony

Mouna Mouna

Mouna

Silence. unplugging from as much external stimuli as possible. Partaking in as little stimuli as possible. Why? To see the addictions of the mind. Am I addicted to mindless chatter that keeps me from succeeding in my biggest dream? Mindless chatter that keeps me attached to a job/relationship/situation that I abhor? Or addicted to mindless chatter that keeps me from doing the practices that support my path towards realizing my big S Self?

Here's a practice - incorporate mouna into your life, be it 5 minutes, an hour, or a weekly thing where you consciously say no to stimuli whether it be Facebook, blogs, talk radio, tv, Tivo, or even just talking. See what happens.

It works or it doesn't, and at least you will know the answer for yourself firsthand, up close and personal.

No comments:

Post a Comment