Thursday, July 19, 2012

Easy come easy go

Out of the blue, I got a gig for this Saturday. It was going to be a cool gig. Me and a harmonica player, birthday party at a yoga studio. Perfect. Except the timing. Right in the middle of teacher training, literally. Midterm in progress. Plus a Sheryl Crow concert on Sunday, lots of people coming to town right after the training, etc... In other words, no end in sight. But I thought, gig at a yoga studio. Perfect. Take it anyway.

So I got out my gear (to make sure it was working) and played. Ok, I could do it, and I'd just deal with the busy factor some other time. Universe gives me exactly what I've been hoping for, so I say yes.

A coupe hours later, I get a call - gigs cancelled. I'm ok with that. A few years ago I would have taken it more personally. This year it was just a blip in my screen. I feel good about that. A cancelled gig is only a cancelled gig. It's not a reflection of whether or not people like, appreciate, or respect me. Its just a gig. I was happy without it, was happy to get it, and am still happy without it again. EZ come, EZ go. Easy. Yes. That's the ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment