Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Soup

I love soup. It's warm. It tastes good. It makes me feel good. I'm glad there is soup.

Sometimes I forget about things like soup and go for the old "stand by" choices-,crackers, cheese, chocolate, not that there's anything wrong or undesirable about them. It's just that when I make a choice to eat them out of habit, instead of what's best in the moment, I forget about other things I like. Maybe the author of "chicken soup for the soul" had a similar moment of realization while making a meal related choice. And he wrote a whole book about it. Coming someday maybe---

Right now the best soup for me is to turn off the tv, take my dog and water upstairs, and plug in my phone. Then lay down and feel the feeling of loving life and being grateful that I have a choice between soup and chocolate, and if I choose, I can also have both.

No comments:

Post a Comment