Friday, May 27, 2011

INSPIRATION/EXPIRATION


The difference between inspiration and expiration. When we have a moment of inspiration, it’s well, inspiring to say the least. And it’s in the moment. Right here right now. And that is the moment to act.

I know there are many songs, ideas, poems, profound thoughts, patent-able ideas that I have had, and many have suffered the backside of inspiration not acted upon. Expiration. Yes, the moment passed and even though I swore “I know I’ll definitely remember it this time because this idea/song/poem/thought is soooooooo good, how can I forget it?" And just like the other moments of inspiration, they have gone to the grave, expired. Dust to dust. They have gone from my mind, and gone back to the dustbin of ideas, the collective unconscious. And then of course, at one point, someone else writes the book you wanted to write, the song you wanted to sing, the invention that you wanted to invent.

It’s all there for the taking, and when these moments of inspiration come, we might want to weigh the decision. Is it worth stopping for? I say yes. These moments, in my opinion, are far greater than I would have ever thought of. So, from where I sit (and I am actually sitting), these moments are portholes to the Divine. Literally, it’s that “higher Self” or in yoga terms, your “Dhi” trying to get your attention. If we stop and acknowledge these moments, we pave the way for the real meeting of the Divine. I mean, if you were Divine, aka God, Divine Mother, Allah or whatnot, wouldn’t you want to make sure that before you showed up in your fullness, the person you’d be showing up for was even paying attention?  


Again, many are called, few choose.  


Tomorrow, a moment of inspiration…

No comments:

Post a Comment