Thursday, May 26, 2011

I stepped into an agave

Yes, I did. Yes I did. 
Last night as I was wrapping up the blog stuff, and T-shirt designing and went out into the dark night, I was uber-careful. It’s bright in the room, and outside there are no lights per se. Just some of those solar powered things along the path. Which means I need to make it across the pool deck without falling into the pool, and then get centered down the path. So I shuffle my way past the pool, feel my way down the stairs, and just when I think I’m home free, thinking that I was truly on the path - crunch, trip, yikes, blood. I walked into an innocent agave. Lucky for me, it wasn’t a cactus. I apologized to the agave and went home to tend the wound. Since it was really dark, as I’ve already established, hence the incident at all, I had no idea if there was blood gushing down my leg, cactus quills (at that point i wasn’t exactly sure what I had stepped into), a gash, welts, or nothing. A few scratches and some Dr. Bronner’s soap later, all  under control.
The moral of the story is - just because you think you are on the path, doesn’t mean you are. You have to actually BE on the path to make it count. 


:-)   this is a sheepish grin...

No comments:

Post a Comment