Thursday, April 28, 2011

43. Out of gas?

Not another car analogy?!?! Ok.
And my car did not run out of gas. I, however, am a different story.

This is what comes of feeling like you are in control of the physical Universe from the little "s" self. The self that thinks matter matters. The self that fears we haven't done enough. The self that thinks "if I can just get ----  done, everything will be fine." The self that stays up too late and doesn't listen to her body or the voice inside that says "just go to bed" or "you don't have to do all that."

I'm not saying to sit around and do nothing - unless you want to. I'm saying that continuing to force the issue(s) isn't the path that comes from inspiration. It's the path that comes from fear. Remembering that when I take care of my Self, love my Self and self, and listen to my Self, the inspiration to "get things done" comes eventually, and that's when I do 3 days of "work" in a couple of hours. Effortlessly. Magically. I actually enjoy it.

The thing I need to watch is, when I've come off a 3 days in 3 hours experience, that the experience is over and it's time to get back into the present moment, not relish in my so-called "productivity" streak. It's when I keep on keepin on at that pace without balance that bites me in the arse. Or bites me in the blood sugar, or fatigue, or whatever. After riding the big white horse, it's time to come down, remember that it's not me "doing" anyway, stop taking credit for myself, and stop blaming others for their slowness. It's time to slow down enough so I can see where I really am in this very moment, being open to the next wave of inspiration, whatever it is, wherever it may take me.

Oh to live fearlessly. Fearless joy.
Joyfully fearless. Fearlessly joyful.
Amen to that.

Let's gas up that car and take a load off (my mind) and relish in the fact that life happens and that what we see is only a small piece of the Big Life that exists around, among, in, and through each of us in every single moment.

And don't forget the snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment