Monday, April 1, 2013

Siddhis

We built this siddhi
Siddhi of the angels
Kansas siddhi

In yoga, we talk about cultivating power. Often times, a motivating factor is the promise of acquiring siddhis, or psychic powers.

IMHO, the power that subsumes the others, and hence, would be the one to acquire, is being able to discern you inner voice of truth from the cacauphony of voices, opinions, fears, programming that we have inside. What good will it be if we can hear someone else's thoughts, until we can hear our own? And who's to say the thoughts we think we are hearing aren't someone else's? Whose thoughts are they really?

When we can discern our inner voice of truth, we will hear exactly what we need to hear in the moment.

At that point, the next siddhi is to have enough trust that the voice we are hearing is that voice, that we can confidently act on it, in spite of what we have been taught. In spite of rules, social morays, all things that were constructed to help others feel safe in your presence. Perhaps those rule makers could have had an insight, or less laziness to turn it around. If I work on making myself feel comfortable, I mean truly comfortable, then maybe we would be closer, as a community of humans. To living more fearlessly. Because of I am comfortable enough in myself, then no one can make me uncomfortable, so I will have no need to "protect" myself from others, and make choices based on others taking away my feeling of sfaty. I will no longer rely on the kindness of strangers to make me feel valued or comfortable. And hanging out with people who are truly comfortable in their own skin is usually really comfortable, easy, less work, and quite frankly, a relief. Ahimsa. Non-violence. Start at the house of you, and go from there. If you are comfortable in your own skin, truly, unequivocally at peace, you will have no reason to act in a violent manner towards anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment