Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Kinesthetic feedback

Last night i had a dream that mentioned my first yoga teacher, Dr. Albert Franklin. in the dream, it was cool because i met someone else who knew him, and together we experienced a kinship of experience. We had both studied with this amazing and inspiring person. What was this mysterious thing that 2 virtual strangers shared? This got me thinking...

When I was a dancer, I felt it was my job to transmit the feeling of what I was feeling while dancing so the audience member would feel like they were doing what I was doing. When I was teaching dance, I taught from that place, not only to inspire them to evoke kinesthetic feedback, but when I demonstrated, it was about more than the shapes in space. It was about the feeling. Could the audience/student feel what I was feeling? If so, I had done my job. Message received via kinesthetic feedback. Message received via ...

No comments:

Post a Comment