Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Siddhis and Ahimsa

Continuing from Siddhis, once we are able to discern our inner voice of truth, the next siddhi is to have enough trust that the voice we are hearing is that Voice, and that we can confidently act on that Voice, in spite of what we have been taught, in spite of rules, social morays, all things that were constructed to help others feel safe in our presence. The rules were to make life easier for the rule makers. So the rule-makers looked for an easy way out. A way where they didn't have to work on their own fears. The fears that drove the creation of the rules.

If we work on making ourselves feel comfortable, I mean truly comfortable, then maybe we would be closer, as a community of humans. We might feel embody living more fearlessly. Because if I am comfortable enough in myself, then no one can make me uncomfortable, and as a result,  I will have no need to "protect" myself from others, and make choices based on others taking away my feeling of safety. I will no longer need to rely on the "kindness of strangers" to make me feel valued or comfortable. And hanging out with people who are truly comfortable in their own skin is usually really comfortable, easy, less work, and quite frankly, a relief.

Ahimsa. Non-violence. Start at the house of you, and go from there. If you are comfortable in your own skin, truly, unequivocally at peace, you will have no reason to act in a violent manner towards anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment