Sunday, January 5, 2014

On Purpose

"Why am I here?" " What is my purpose?" "Just tell me what to do and I’ll do it!"

How often have we repeated those phrases? On one hand, most of us have some paying attention to do when it comes to actually listening and doing what that voice inside our head (aka the Divine/God/Higher Self voice). When that voice says “drink more water,” do we? When that voice says “stop eating/drinking/judging,” do we? When that voice says, “take a break and listen,” do we? Just sayin’…

So let’s fast forward into the present moment. Where we know we have a purpose. Our purpose. So now we start doing things “on purpose” instead of accidentally. The more conscious we become, the less that is left up to chance. We are “on purpose.”

I flashback to when my sisters and I would tattletale to our mother “Moooommmmm! Patty did it ON PURPOSE!!!!” and of course, Patty would retort, “Nuh uh!!! it was an ACCIDENT!!!”

The layers upon layers of truth in both of those statements overwhelm me a bit. Yes. She did it on purpose. And it might have been an accident. They may not be mutually exclusive. The accident may have been on purpose. And from where I sit, I believe all of our accidents are on “purpose.”


So the more we embrace that everything we do/say/think/feel is “on purpose,” the more responsibility we take for our actions. And that is consciousness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment