Thursday, February 28, 2013

better with butter

today I taught my first 2 classes after my 6 week sabbatical. They were, well, quiet. I don't know how else to explain it. This seems to be a trend whenever I come back from a significant hiatus. There is an immense amount of space in the room and a stillness that is quiet profound. I know it has to do with my internal dynamic, which is so cool to be able to actually see and feel a palpable difference. In a nutshell - when i'm quiet, still, steady, so are the classes I teach. Or at least that is my experience. I can't speak from the point of view of the students.

And there is a lightness. I definitely drop weight when I leave the "burdens" of the day to day life. For one thing, i can always fit more in my suitcase on the way home, even when I leave from home at the beginning of the trip, i can barely close it. And I usually lose weight. It shows up on the scale, but what I lose is psychic, emotional, mental weight, and I get a bit thinner. Without dieting. At all. Seriously. Can you say "more butter?" cuz I sure do...

so again, we are physical and non-physical, and most of us is actually non-physical. if we can remember that, it will open us up to a bigger point of view, one where there is more chance for equanimity, possibilities, and happiness for all.  And more butter please. Cuz it's always better with butter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment