Saturday, March 17, 2012

Windy

who's peeking out from under a stairway
calling a name that's lighter than air
who's reaching out to capture a rainbow
everyone know it's Windy

and Windy has stormy eyes
that flash at the sound of lies
and windy has wings to fly
up above the clouds...

I sang that song with a little "band" we had in grade school called the Sunrise 5. This was WAY before American Idol when people took grade school bands seriously. But seriously, what did that song mean except for the fact that Mary Bishop could play it on the piano and it had words and hence it became our signature song. Tambourine and all.

Up above the clouds...

I can read in all sorts of metaphors now, but does it really explain anything? For me, no. And is my life better for the punchy rhythms and the tune that is burned in my brain? Maybe. Up above the clouds.

Windy. Up above the clouds. Some would say impossible. I say who's to say whether it's Windy or not. Is my hair blowing? In the wind? Yes, another signature song because I could play it on the guitar.

No comments:

Post a Comment