Saturday, July 19, 2014

Chocolate Soup

I saw a sign - "Chocolate Soup." It was a store. My imagination went wild. John and I were driving through a town, I saw the sign, and said, "let's stop!"  From my point of view, how could I lose? 2 of my favorite foods! But alas, the store had neither. Just a mishmash of random items for the home.

Had I been attached, I would have been disappointed. Or even infuriated. We had broken the flow of our ride home from Yosemite. 

There are signs everywhere. How many mean what they say? How do we respond? Do we get bummed if they don't deliver? Or do we even care? Are we numb to the unclarity of the written/spoken word? Are we numb to the unclarity of our own words? Do we feel safer assuming that much of the time people don't say what they mean or mean what they say? Does it give us permission to be unclear with ourselves about what we want, what we believe, who we are? In other words, do we like to take our chocolate soup with a grain of salt? 

There is a comfort in clarity. We get to depend on it. We can even get attached to it. Yet, there is room for both clarity and signs that don't deliver. Because there may be method to the madness of the misleading sign. It got me in the door didn't it? And it also provided me with an opportunity to sit back and watch the Jean show respond. 

ake comfort that there is chocolate soup. I haven't tried it, but I fulfilled my own curiosity loop. It could be amazing. 

Let me know!


 Rating: 5 - 10 reviews - 45 mins
Get this all-star, easy-to-follow Chocolate Soup recipe from Ham on the Street.

#chocolatesoup
#justtryit
#truetothetitle
#foodnetwork

No comments:

Post a Comment