Thursday, July 11, 2013

pudding

Well, I haven't made vanilla pudding and put it in a mayo jar yet. but you know I will be doing that in this lifetime. In fact, I might just eat the mayo! even weirder/grosser. who knows?

i am so blessed that i have amazing teachers and in the time frame of one month, have had the honor of hosting both. I hope that you all have the opportunity to love so much.

My mom was sad when it became evident that i wasn't on the having babies track. She expressed how much she wanted me to have the experience of loving so unconditionally. I can't compare having a baby to having a teacher, but I can say that i know what it feels like to love unconditionally. And for all you parents out there, I'm not comparing or trying to steal your thunder. Having children is an animal, or beast, or path that for whatever reason was not mine to have this go round. And yes, there was a moment where i made a choice. And I continue. With passion. With commitment. Knowing that i, too, love unconditionally, even though I didn't go through 9 months of growing a human inside of me, nor did I go through X number of hours of labor. And then all that follows. But I know when to follow my heart, my soul, telling me what is "right" for me. Telling me, "just do it, don't judge it." And those gifts and moments are priceless.

So lets go eat our vanilla pudding or mayo or whatever else it is that we do. Shock whoever we want, but live in the integrity of our Selves. And remember that unconditional love starts at home. Can we look at ourselves with the same acceptance as we would a newborn? When we say "yes!" then we are in the land of unconditional love.

Welcome. and bring on the pudding. Vanilla, choc, butterscotch, coconut cream... all good with me. with or without  mayonnaise jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment