Monday, July 22, 2013

Guru Purnima

Today is the day we honor our teachers. Yes, we are all teachers, and we have all been taught. So yes, we honor everyone. Including ourselves.

So why is this day different from any other day?

Because we want it to be. Because sometimes a little ceremony moves us out of our everyday thought pattern, and perhaps gives us a moment to pause, reflect, change the momentum of our life.

So, my teachers. Of course my family. And teacherly teachers of different but same: Dennis, Bonnie, Panditji, Swamiji, Rod, Bert, Hannah, Susan.

And my friends and sangha who helped me stay true to the light inside when all seemed dark and done.

And to those who can still push my buttons. You help me see what is crawling underneath all those rocks of goodness, illusion, attachment.

and to those I don't even remember. who planted a seed that either grew or burned. You are all part of my garden. And without All, this flame of consciousness would not be aware of itself.

Deep bows and gratitude.


No comments:

Post a Comment