Thursday, February 16, 2012

Sound bite

What is the loudest sound you heard today? Your car radio? Your iPod? Some voice inside of unbeknownst origin?

No matter what sound you heard, the important thing is - what was the answer? Was the response from a place that would "keep the kid quiet?" or from a place of seeking a response that might be a more lasting answer or solution to an immediate situation, problem, or issue?

No judgement here - there is no right or wrong answer. We are all doing the best we can in every moment. Can we free ourselves from automatic responses to situations in order to change the outcomes? To make that happen, it's helpful to be able to see a bigger picture. That helps us challenge our "comfort zone," which is awesome, but can also get in our way of moving beyond our current reality.

It may sound like I'm talking out of 2 sides of my mouth. On one hand I preach Effortlessness, on the other hand I talk about moving outside of the comfort zone. Yes. That's exactly right. I mean, that's what I mean.

Yep.

Sorry about the wrap job. It's not always pretty, but the gift is still there.

No comments:

Post a Comment