Saturday, September 27, 2014

Sunny side is up again

I love a sunny day, that's for sure. We talk about walking on the sunny side of the street, have sunny dispositions.  But now, California is in a drought. We had a half inch of rain this past week, and practically before the streets could dry,  the weather person was saying, "we're going to have fantastic weather today! Aren't we glad we're going to have sunshine and blow away all this humidity! We can get outside and enjoy the weekend!" What a relief! I mean, after those 5 minutes of rain while I was sleeping gave me cabin fever!

Can we handle the rain? Is looking at the other side of the sunny street beyond our capacity? Maybe we have become so used to the sun that we literally don't have the capacity to weather the storm. Do we anesthetize, numb out, avoid each other, and our selves?

Like I said, I love a sunny day. But I also love the rain. Without the rain what are we left with? Maybe too much of a "good thing" is too much. Maybe if we embraced more rain look to the cloudy side as equal or important or even relevant, we might have water. 

We get what we ask for, so if we want rain, we may need to accept clouds. 

Or we just keep cooking ourselves. 

Just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment