Saturday, December 7, 2013

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

Love that song.

So let's cut to the change.

physical complaints:
oh my aching back
my shoulder is blown out
my neck hurts
i never drink enough water
i don't get enough exercise

here's the thing. for each one of those physical complaints, we make choices to move or act in a certain way. A pattern, if you will. And you will.

We want to change. We want our back to feel better. Our neck to stop bugging us. Our shoulders be less tense.

We can go to as many yoga classes as we can fit into our schedule. Yes. It's great. But if we want to change, we have to stop doing whatever it is that we have done to create the thing we want to change. In other words, if we want to change, we have to change what we do. If I want my shoulders to stop being blown out, I need to stop whatever I've done to blow them out.

So. Am I willing to change? Or is it easier to complain and live with the pain?

No judgement. Just something to consider.  And once we have considered, does our relationship to the complaining change, now that we have awareness that we actually do hold the cards…

hmmm….

damn it! I thought ibuprofen was the answer!
and it was - but can it compete with the daily grind?

ibuprofen can help. but at some point, I have to move my shoulders differently if I want to stop having pain. and change can be painful, albeit not physically.

Sometimes the tapas of the mind is more uncomfortable than even the tightest Lululemon top.

just saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment