Monday, May 6, 2013

Mother may I?

Permission. Interesting concept. What is permission except that we are buying into/reinforcing the thought construct of ownership. "Mine, Yours, Yours, Mine and then Ours"

My body
My breath
My idea
My bicycle
My recipe
My feelings
My etc...

In yoga, when we "give up the fruits of our labor," we start talking about non-attachment. We stop taking credit for how awesome (or how horrible) we think our class went. And ultimately, we start seeing ourselves as not taking credit for much of anything.

"Boy, don't I look pretty/ugly/fat/skinny/overdressed/under-dressed etc..."

Who am I?

Am I what I wear/think/feel/say/do? Or am i "other?"

So when we ask permission, where is that coming from? Politeness, i get it. And I'm not saying to stop asking permission. But I am saying think about it. How do those little habits/social morays/thought constructs keep us attached to duality and separation from our Oneness with the Wholeness.

Maybe May is Permission Month.
Permission to go there?
hmmmmm....  could be interesting.

Let me ask my Self and see what It has to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment