Saturday, January 14, 2017

Get honest faster


This is my new hashtag slash motto slash tagline slash mantra.

Get honest faster. Stop fucking around with yourself (unless you like to) and get honest faster. Start with yourself. Seriously. This may not be the time to dump all that latent anger or dissatisfaction with your life on the person or situation you feel justified in blaming. Begin with your Self, get some chops, then try it outside of yourself. (but it's never outside of yourself! Gak!)

Here are 2 starter steps:

1) Get Honest with Feelings
How am I feeling?
How am I really feeling?
If I don't know, am I willing to know?
What is the feeling I'm afraid to admit that I'm feeling - could it be that?

2) What About Actions
What do I want to do?
Am I doing it? (if the answer is yes, go no further. pat yourself on the back. enjoy your day.)
Why not?
What am I actually doing?
Admit that you are doing it out of choice, stop beating yourself up,  and get on with your life. If you don't like it, go back to #1.

More on this honesty business to come.




No comments:

Post a Comment